Alcohol Licence Law Alcohol licence

Published on September 16th, 2011 | by Dean Carr


Can a small brewery sell alcohol to the general public?

If you are a small brewery and want to sell your wares to the general public, rather than just to trade, here are the rules for the UK. If you want to sell alcohol to the public you will need a premises licence (this is not needed if you are just selling to trade). You will also need a personal licence (APLH or Award for Personal Licence Holders – formally NCPLH) for England and Wales, SCPLH (Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders) if you plan to sell in Scotland.

A good place for advice would be our sponsors: Personal Licence Training Ltd. Tel 0845 388 5472 (local rate) or 0844 330 7435 if you are in Scotland.

For more information download a free brochure

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

About the Author

Dean Carr

Dean has been involved in alcohol licensing for over 20 years and has helped many independent retailers and corporate clients obtain a licence to sell alcohol or offer late night refreshment, regulated entertainment from all sorts of premises. Dean writes articles for various trade related blogs and is currently Managing Director of the PLT group of companies who run APLH and SCPLH personal alcohol licence courses nationwide. You can contact Dean or a member of his expert licensing team on: 01242 222 188

Back to Top ↑

Read previous post:
Personal licence holder
SIBA and Alcohol Concern criticize Off Licences

Off licences: our common enemy? Grocock and Shenker. It doesn’t sound nice, but it’s true. The respective chief executives of...