Premises Licence Change of use and planning

Published on September 21st, 2010 | by Dean Carr


Change of use and planning

Change of Use

Working along side the licensing team at personal licence training Ltd UK Surveyors handle all the companies change of use applications and planning applications. Mr Darren Johnson Rose was asked to make some comments for the blog.

Here at UK Surveyors there is a growing demand for Applications for Change of Use.
Bigger does not necessarily better, extending a property will increase its value, but you could expand your business by others means. Expanding your business can be achieved through Change of Use, to increase the service you provide to cater for a more diverse and broader market.
In a fast-paced lifestyle, there is a movement away from local stores, providing a specialist service, such as the local Butcher, Deli and Baker. However with greater care and responsibility for our environment there has also been a move away from the over commercialised super stores, stocking in everything and without specialist service.
The high Street and retail Shops are changing and in this fast paced society that we now live in, with no time to waste, stores are adapting to the multi-task by becoming multi-functional.
Launderettes are serving coffee, News agents are selling alcohol, more places providing internet access and entertainment, restaurants opening up bars and doubling up as night clubs and other restaurants are now offering a take-away service.
Shops are transforming, becoming more like venues catering for more than one service.
Here at UK Surveyors we can help you with good old fashioned courtesy but with state of the art speed and efficiency to get the planning approval that you require at an extremely competitive rate.
Due to the expensive costs of new buildings and the current vast numbers of redundant and vacant properties, Change of Use is the most favourable option that suite the requirements of the majority of our clients.
UK Surveyors are focused on moving with the future but we retain the human element.

Darren Johnson-Rose BA(Hons) BSc(Hons)

For more information on change of use contact the licensing & planning team;

on 0121 459 6080


Related External Links


About the Author

Dean Carr

Dean has been involved in alcohol licensing for over 20 years and has helped many independent retailers and corporate clients obtain a licence to sell alcohol or offer late night refreshment, regulated entertainment from all sorts of premises. Dean writes articles for various trade related blogs and is currently Managing Director of the PLT group of companies who run APLH and SCPLH personal alcohol licence courses nationwide. You can contact Dean or a member of his expert licensing team on: 01242 222 188

Back to Top ↑

Read previous post:
Licensing laws
Do I need a licence to sell alcohol online?

Do I need a licence to sell alcohol online? This article is a guide and not a full explanation of...