Training Courses Becoming a Designated Premises Supervisor

Published on August 16th, 2011 | by Dean Carr


How do I become a Designated Premises Supervisor?

Every licensed premises needs a designated premises supervisor or DPS. First you will need to gain a personal licence. This will require you to attend a training course for the qualification A.P.L.H.  After training you will sit a multiple choice questionnaire to obtain your certificate.  Once you have successfully passed you will also require a C.R.B. certificate and an application form from your Local Licensing Authority.  When you have both your accreditation and CRB certificates you will need to submit your application to the Local Authority along with an application fee of £37.  Subject to no objections from the local Police, you will recieve your licence in due course. Once you have your licence you can then submit your application, along with a Designated Premises Supervisor consent form, to be nominated as the Designated Premises Supervisor on the existing or new premises licence.

Tags: , , , , , ,

About the Author

Dean Carr

Dean has been involved in alcohol licensing for over 20 years and has helped many independent retailers and corporate clients obtain a licence to sell alcohol or offer late night refreshment, regulated entertainment from all sorts of premises. Dean writes articles for various trade related blogs and is currently Managing Director of the PLT group of companies who run APLH and SCPLH personal alcohol licence courses nationwide. You can contact Dean or a member of his expert licensing team on: 01242 222 188

Back to Top ↑

Read previous post:
Licensing laws
The Licensing Act 2003

Sixth Report of Session 2008–09 Here is a summary of the latest Licensing Act report made in 2009. A copy...