Published on April 3rd, 2013 | by Dean Carr
How to apply for premises licence
What are the procedures for a premises licence application?
The form of application for a premises licence is prescribed by law and application forms may be obtained from the relevant licensing authority.
The application must be accompanied by:
- The fee
- Plans of the premises in scale (1cm to 10cm, unless otherwise agreed with the licensing authority)
- Consent form signed by the designated premises supervisor
- The completed application forms and the operating schedule
The applicant must:
- Display a notice of the application in at last one place at or on the site of the premises concerned for at least 28 consecutive days starting on the day after the submission of the application to the relevant licensing authority
- The notice must be at least A4 size, coloured pale blue and printed legibly in black ink or type of a font not less than 16pt
- The notice must display be displayed in a place where it can easily be seen by the public
- In addition a notice must be published at least once in a local newspaper during a period of 10 working days starting the day after the application was submitted to the relevant licensing authority
If all this seems a little daunting advice is at hand from our sponsors at Personal Licence Training (UK) Ltd