Personal Licence Alcohol licence Scotland

Published on December 6th, 2010 | by Dean Carr


ILA Scotland – it pays to learn

Obtaining funding for your Scottish Licence qualification

ILA Scotland is a Scottish Government scheme that helps you pay for learning that you can do at a time, place, pace and in a way to suit you.  It’s for people who have an income of £22,000 a year or less, or who are on benefits.

If you are 16 or over and living in Scotland, you could get up to £500 towards the cost of learning with a learner account from ILA Scotland.

There are two types of account available:

£200 accounts – If you are interested in learning something new or brushing up your skills.  There is a wide range of courses available so why not have a look at our Course Search to get an idea of what’s available in your area. To find out more click here.

The £200 account can be used to help you obtain your Scottish Personal Licence Qualification (SCPLH Level 5) Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders. Once you have achieved this qualification you can then apply to your local Scottish Licensing Board to become a Personal Licence Holder. A Scottish Personal licence will allow the holder to work as a premises manager or supervisor with in the hospitality industry anywhere in Scotland.

£500 accounts –  If you want to study a part-time higher education or professional qualification course such as a Higher National Certificate (HNC), Higher National Diploma (HND) or a Degree.  You must be studying 40 Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) credits or more an academic year.  To find out more click here.

You can only have one type of account open at any time so it’s important that you choose carefully.  If you need any further information to help you decide on the right account for you just call ILA Scotland’s friendly helpline advisers on 0808 100 1090.

Source :

Tags: , , , ,

About the Author

Dean Carr

Dean has been involved in alcohol licensing for over 20 years and has helped many independent retailers and corporate clients obtain a licence to sell alcohol or offer late night refreshment, regulated entertainment from all sorts of premises. Dean writes articles for various trade related blogs and is currently Managing Director of the PLT group of companies who run APLH and SCPLH personal alcohol licence courses nationwide. You can contact Dean or a member of his expert licensing team on: 01242 222 188

Back to Top ↑

Read previous post:
Temporary event notice
Help for Heroes fundraiser’s bid to serve mulled wine on March charity stall foiled by licensing laws

EAGLE-eyed markets manager Mike Chapman foiled a charity fundraiser’s bid to serve mulled wine to Christmas shoppers by pointing out...