Personal Licence Personal Licence Training

Published on March 2nd, 2011 | by Dean Carr


NCPLH personal licence course online

Can i take my ncplh course online? Yes but lets explain how it works! An online NCPLH course means that you will study for your NCPLH licensing certificate online using a computer. This is normally called e-learning, where the course is delivered electronically using visual and interactive media. The beauty of e-learning courses is that you can study at your own pace and login and out of the course at your convenience. As a guide to learning hours for NCPLH e-learning the course time is around 4 – 5 hours.

Can I do my NCPLH exam online? The simple answer is yes, however because licence training is required by law your examination must be invigilated under exam conditions. Most test centres operate paper based exams where results have to be waited for, this can take several days to generate your NCPLH exam result. If you fail you must return to the centre to resit your NCPLH exam.

The NCPLH exam online. Personal Licence Training Ltd offer several online exam centres these are located at at Birmingham, London, Liverpool, Nottingham, Leeds, Wigan. On line exam centres offer; instant results, Free exam re-sits, certificates back in 5 working days. Personal Licence Training Ltd also operate a team of ten mobile invigilators that cover most of the country. These invigilators can visit your business premises, but will normally do so at a cost of around £350.00 this price includes; Course material, examination fee, processing your licence application, certifying your photographs, processing your Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check. Why not test your knowledge using this online mock NCPLH exam

You will require a Wi-Fi  connection for NCPLH exams at business premises.

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

About the Author

Dean Carr

Dean has been involved in alcohol licensing for over 20 years and has helped many independent retailers and corporate clients obtain a licence to sell alcohol or offer late night refreshment, regulated entertainment from all sorts of premises. Dean writes articles for various trade related blogs and is currently Managing Director of the PLT group of companies who run APLH and SCPLH personal alcohol licence courses nationwide. You can contact Dean or a member of his expert licensing team on: 01242 222 188


  1. Mark says:

    Hi Adam,

    There are two alcohol licences: the premises licence and the personal licence (licences article here). If you begin renting a pub, it will almost certainly already have a premises licence- this will simply be transferred over to your name. You will probably want to apply for a personal licence, as every sale of alcohol must be authorised by a personal licence holder. Read our application guide.

  2. Adam Hinchon says:

    I would like some advice if you can help me please, I’m 25 and i would like to get into owning my own public house but just at the moment i would like to just run a pub (rent). I havent got a alcohol licence what do i have to gane one? Thanks. Adam

  3. plastic sheds says:

    cheap sheds…

    […]ncplh course online – Alcohol Licence[…]…

  4. Jeremy says:

    Please note that from 1st April 2011 NCPLH became APLH (Award for Personal Licence Holder)

  5. Jo Taylor says:

    You will require both a premises licence and personal licence for this venture. The premises licence will be for the premises where the alcohol is held and distributed from, in your case a separate lock up premises. In the licence application you would need to give in depth statements as to how you are going to uphold the 4 licensing objectives especially the protection of children from harm. You would also need to include these in the terms and conditions on your website . As you would be licensing the place of distribution, you would not be putting yourself or your home at risk of crime. If you contact Personal Licence Training Ltd, they will be able to give your more advice on this matter.

  6. Noel Wheeler says:

    I would be grateful for any guidance Re: Selling Alcohol over the internet. I run an internet based food supplements company. All orders are taken via the web and over the phone. All our stock is kept in one of those self storage warehouses. Given the success of our current product line, I want to venture into selling wine over the internet. I spoke to the council who said I need a personal license and a premises license. The Personal license is not a problem I did the course and got the qualification. However as it is an online business, the council is insisting I need a premises license and need to apply as if I was running a bar or a club. This brings about a whole set of different issues e.g. Residential Property and business dealings etc etc and having to advertise our application for a license outside the property etc.

  7. Jo Taylor says:

    If people are bringing their own alcohol then a licence is not required as it is not a licensable activity to consume alcohol. You will require a temporary event notice for the regulated entertainment that you are offering.

  8. Donald Smith says:

    Do we need a licence if we are holding a concert (tickets sold) if people bring their own booze. The concert is being held in a school.

Back to Top ↑

Read previous post:
Shop booze ban for month after selling to children

A CONVENIENCE store has been ordered to stop selling booze for 28 days after it sold alcohol to youngsters twice...