Personal Licence Personal Licence Training

Published on February 8th, 2011 | by Dean Carr


Personal Licence Course

The qualification needed to apply for a personal licence to sell alcohol and advance your career prospects within the licensed retail sector in England and Wales is the National Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (NCPLH) Level 2.

In Scotland the equivalent certification is the Scottish Certificate for Personal Licence Holders (SCPLH).

The Personal Licence Course provides the learner with a clear understanding of the framework of law and regulation, laid out in the Licensing Act (2003), that underpins the responsibilities of the personal licence holder.

The NCPLH and SCPLH courses include the roles, responsibilities and functions of licensing authorities within the framework of the licensing objectives.

The course also covers the application process for a personal licence, and the difference between this and the premises licence.

The learner has to understand the role and legal responsibilities of the personal licence holder, and the penalties relating to failure to comply with the law.

A personal licence holder must be fully trained in the content and purpose of operating schedules, and the role and duties of the designated premises supervisor.

They must also have full comprehension of what constitutes unauthorised and temporary licensable activities.

Any NCPLH or SCPLH training course will also cover police powers with regard to suspension and closure of licensed premises, and the specific prohibitions for the sale of alcohol

The strengths of alcoholic drinks, and the effects of alcohol on the human body are also vital training points, as is the protection of children from harm.

Finally, the responsible retail sale of alcohol must be, and will be, covered for any prospective personal licence holders within the personal licence course.

Source: ArticlesBase
For further information please contact Personal Licence Training Ltd

Related External Links

Tags: , ,

About the Author

Dean Carr

Dean has been involved in alcohol licensing for over 20 years and has helped many independent retailers and corporate clients obtain a licence to sell alcohol or offer late night refreshment, regulated entertainment from all sorts of premises. Dean writes articles for various trade related blogs and is currently Managing Director of the PLT group of companies who run APLH and SCPLH personal alcohol licence courses nationwide. You can contact Dean or a member of his expert licensing team on: 01242 222 188

Back to Top ↑

Read previous post:
Newspaper notices
Selkirk pub shut over licensing concerns

A pub has had its licence suspended after selling alcohol outside permitted hours at Selkirk Common Riding in June. The...