Published on March 29th, 2012 | by Dean Carr
Alcohol around the world
So what’s going on with alcohol in the world? Carrie-Anne Clegg gives us a quick insight into the week’s news from around the world.
- In China, the price of wine has risen by 70% from January 2009 to early 2012. Now that’s a lot!
- More than 75% of New Zealanders choose to have nights with no alcohol. Trust me, it would be a lot lower in England.
- In New Zealand a survey revealed that craft beers are gaining popularity.
- In Georgia, USA, authorities are hoping to attract more tourists by building a fountain that pumps out strong alcohol, in place of water, once a week. Glasses at the ready.
- For ten or fifteen minutes a week in Georgia, Chacha will flow from the fountain!
- In Brazil, alcohol is prohibited inside football stadiums, but FIFA wants legalisation for it to be changed for the 2014 tournament. Do you think it should change?