News Temporary event notice

Published on January 24th, 2011 | by Dean Carr


Royal Wedding party preparations

ANYONE wishing to host a street party to mark this year’s Royal Wedding must get in touch with their local Council within the next three weeks.

Applications for permission for events requiring a road closure must be submitted by mid-February.

A spokesman for Somerset council said small, private street parties do not generally require road closures or licensing unless alcohol, food or other goods are being sold.

Parties should be for and organised by people in the area and will require a licence if publicised.

A Temporary Event Notice is needed if a bar is provided and to sell goods, including food, a Temporary Street Trading Consent will be required.

Cul-de-sac or spur roads that do not service another road, or are in no part of the main thoroughfare of a town or village are unlikely to need a Road Closure Notice.

The Royal Wedding is scheduled to take place on April 29.

Source : Somerset County Gazette

Related External Links

Tags: , , ,

About the Author

Dean Carr

Dean has been involved in alcohol licensing for over 20 years and has helped many independent retailers and corporate clients obtain a licence to sell alcohol or offer late night refreshment, regulated entertainment from all sorts of premises. Dean writes articles for various trade related blogs and is currently Managing Director of the PLT group of companies who run APLH and SCPLH personal alcohol licence courses nationwide. You can contact Dean or a member of his expert licensing team on: 01242 222 188


  1. Michelle says:

    I make wedding videos and include a free concept film before the day.
    I began advertising a free bottle of champagne not thinking about the license. I am now going to take them to a venue of their choosing if they want the drink.
    The questions are, how do I go about getting this license?
    Can this license be used at any public location?
    I notice wedding car drivers serve champagne, so I need the same kind of license?

Back to Top ↑

Read previous post:
Newspaper notices
Industry slams minimum alcohol price plan

The Government is expected to introduce a minimum price on alcohol which will ban pubs and bars from selling drinks...